Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pilgrimage ends, Sabbatical begins

Its been a quick turn around.  After a day to do wash, rest quietly and repack, it's time to start the long awaited sabbatical.  As I left Mankato I felt the strong connection to many.  But somehow there was an urging to begin the journey in earnest.  The packed travel of the last weeks was near to my memory and felt in my body.  I pray God with me.
My first stop is in the Twin Cities.  My two friends Jim and Joe were waiting for my arrival. We have been friends for 46 years, since we started the seminary together.  We still meet together each  month. It was 23 years ago that we went to the Holy  Land together.  So I filled them in on all the changes and the renewed experiences from my recent trip.  The hours slipped away as we talked, laughed and remembered.  May God watch between us as we now part ways.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a fabulous pilgrimage, Fr. John, and for sharing your knowledge and experiences with us. It truly was a gift. I will miss you these next weeks and months but pray you have a relaxing, joyful, and renewing sabbatical.

    Hi to Fr. Pete!!! And your other friend...sorry, I don't know him but hi! :)

    Peace & Blessings,
    Jaci James

    ReplyDelete