Wednesday, April 22, 2015

City of Roses

I must say that Portland is a beautiful city because of its preservation of so many green areas.  
In passing through the sections of the city, the parks and preserves remind one of the beauty of the northwest part of the United States.  Portland, the City of Roses, has a large park dedicated to that majestic flower.  However my visit is a bit early to catch them in bloom.  A stop at the local Catholic high school was a must.  I was very interested because of my involvement in Loyola in Mankato.
 But my cousin, Fr. Tim, has been involved for much of his life at Central Catholic--graduate, teacher, principal, president and now president emeritas.   It was a gift to share for a moment in the energy of the youth and the dedication of so many in Portland to Catholic Education.  

No comments:

Post a Comment