Thursday, April 2, 2015

Priesthood

Holy Thursday morning is the traditional time for the  Chrism Mass.  The holy oils used throughout the year are blessed by the bishop.  Here in Rome Pope Francis is the bishop.  
At this liturgy the priests annually renew their commitment to priesthood.  What an occasiion.  There were over 1000 priests present in St. Peter's for this important moment.  It was a thrill to be one of them.
 The pope told a funny thing and everybody  laughed (except me).  My Italian is still very weak.  On this day I say 'thank you' to God for this gift in my life.  I am remembering my loved ones--family, parishioners, friends.  May these days of the Sacred Triduum bless us.  

1 comment:

  1. Looking good, Father. What a great experience to be at the Vatican during Holy Week.

    ReplyDelete