Friday, April 17, 2015

Trusting Oregonians

Part of my time in Oregon is to connect with relatives here.  The difficulty is that I have not met most of them.  They are my cousins but somehow the distance between us has kept us from ever meeting.  So I suggested that they create my schedule for the next week.  I had to let go and trust that I would be taken care of.  Ken, a cousin, picked me up at the monastery and delivered me to the home of Jim and Donna, living in West Salem.  Donna is Ken's sister.  They have a lovely home and have welcomed me grandly.  
Its been a great place to be for the last two days.  Today happened to  be the weekly gathering of the men's group--many of them are my relation.  So I got to meet some more and eat some good food.
 I was reminded that Salem is the capital of Oregon and so a nice stop and site.  
All this prepares me for the family reunion tomorrow in Portland.  Again I will meet many new folks and learn more about the goodness of the family I have been born into.

No comments:

Post a Comment