Monday, April 6, 2015

Racquetball in Rome?

It was moving day today.  I left the North American College (NAC) which had provided a great place to live during Holy Week.  It is a brisk 5 minute walk from the seminary to the Vatican and thus easy  access for my participation in  the Holy Week services.  
It is home to about 250 students from America who come to do their final 4 years of study in preparation for priesthood.  They let me be a guest for one week.  Although founded in the 1800's the present buildings were erected in 1953.  It is a beautiful campus, with an athletic field, tennis courts, basketball court, and RACQUETBALL COURTS.  
Yes, its true.  However as you look at their condition, they are obviously not used much.  The students could hardly remember seeing any activity in them.  So I'm giving a shout out to my racquetball family--Don, Phil, Bob, Harry, Dick, Earle--how about a road trip to Rome sometime?  We have some lessons to give.  My new home has no courts at all.  More about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment