Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Hole in the shirt

The days at the Munich motherhouse have drawn to a close.   A few days ago I noticed a hole in my shirt.  But since I have limited clothes, I wore it.  One of the sisters noticed and came asking to patch it.  I resisted at first but then gave in to her offer, thinking of the weeks ahead in my journey.  She is the one standing in the picture.  Obviously the sisters have given me great care and hospitality in my time in Munich.  
My brother, Jim, arrived and he got the shortened tour of the Motherhouse and Munich.  
Then it was time to say good-bye to the Munich Motherhouse.  On the left is Sr. Charlotte, the provincial leader of Munich.  On the right is Sr. Brunhild, my teacher and guide for the past week.  I can only but say a big 'thank you' to them and all the sisters who recieved me into their community with great warmth and care.  
There was the final stop at the grave of Mother Theresa and Jim and I are off on a new adventure.

1 comment: