Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Lent begins in Munich

Lent began in Munich with Mass and the reception of ashes.  The motherhouse of SSND does not talk for the day.  I was not prepared for that so I went down to the Marienplatz to see the "day after" the big party of yesterday.  It seemed pretty subdued as people scurried about their business.  The stage for music had disappeared.  So Lent creates a new tone for our lives.  Sr. Brunhild did continue my study of Theresa Gerhardinger and SSND.  She taught me about the charism M. Theresa established based on Education, Unity, Prayer, Mary, a life of simple living.  I begin to see why it has lasted for all these years and attracted so many followers.  They remain good values for us these days as when she began living as a School Sister of Notre Dame. 
The afternoon took us to some of the Churches M. Theresa visited--three different styles--Romanesque, Baroque, and Gothic.  I only have pictures of the first and last styles.   
Tonight for supper, we had another guest besides myself so we got to talk.  Bonus' even during Lent!!



No comments:

Post a Comment