Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Two priests and Mother Theresa

Listening and learning these days, there were two priests who had significant parts in Mother Theresa's life--Fr. Michael Wittmann (later became Bp. Wittmann) and Fr. Matthias Siegert.  Fr. Wittmann was the pastor of the parish in Regensberg, and also served in the parish Mother Theresa grew up in.  He recognized from childhood that Carolina had special gifts.  He believed that an order of religious women needed to be established for the education of the poor, especially girls.  He urged Carolina to follow this path.  He died before it came to fruition.  Along came Fr. Siegert who became a spiritual director and guide for the Foundress of this new order.  As I have
learned the story of SSND, I was drawn to learn more of these two priests, maybe because 'I am a priest'.  Sr. Brunhild had to read and study to learn more herself.  They saw needs and found ways to help it all happen, through M. Theresa.  I pray that I may be such an instrument in my priesthood.  I went to both of their graves, asking for their intercession.

No comments:

Post a Comment