Friday, February 6, 2015

A pause

Here it is a week since I last blogged.  The first month of my sabbatical was quite busy, with the Holy Land, Rome, New York, etc.  I had been on the move and doing new things almost every day.  So now I have had some time to stop, relax, and just reflect.  It is such an important part of my being away.  Last Sunday i realized I didn't have to prepare a homily.  It was strange not to do it.  In a strange way I missed it.  I realized how that weekly  homily makes me sit down with the Word of God in a very intentional way.  So this week I find myself trying to listen and be quiet more.  I stopped through Mankato the other day to do my wash and renew my suitcase.  It was kind of neat to run into some of you.  The connection is still there.  You are still in my thoughts and prayers.  But I also knew it was not yet time to return.  So keep praying for my as I continue the  journey.  I know God has more in store for me in the time ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment