Sunday, March 8, 2015

Italy begins

A quick flight and I found myself back in Italy.  In the picture is Don and Barb.  
Barb is my sister, next in age to me--she is younger in case you can't tell.  We are standing on the Ponte Vecchio, a famous bridge in Florence.  It's the only bridge in Florence that survived WWII.  Now it is home to gold sellers but also a lovely spot for people to gather.  It was Sunday so we attended mass in the big cathedral--Santa Maria del Fiore or also called the Duomo.
 Listening to Italian again opens me to a rythmic and vibrant language which is slowly entering my consciousness.  Being here for the next month will bless me in ways unkown.  I will be here for Easter and Holy Week, so let the journey begin.  May God watch over me plus be between me and the important people in my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment