Sunday, March 22, 2015

Me, Me, Me!

Today, Sunday, I trekked through the rain to concelebrate Mass at St. Peter's basilica in Rome.  I vested in the sacristy and the master of ceremonies came over to the priests and asked if anyone spoke English, so they could read a petition.  I felt like a little kid jumping up and saying "Me, Me, Me".  I didn't do that.  However I was picked.  It was a thrill to read and hear my voice over the sound system in St. Peter's. Afterwards I snapped several pictures to hold the moment.  This is the main altar where only the pope celebrates.
The altar behind it, under the Spirit window, is called the altar of the chair. It contains  Peter's original chair, which is quite decorated with bronze now. 
Another moment to be received and treasured.

1 comment:

  1. Fr. John, I am very touched by your blog and enjoy traveling with you in spirit. Truly in the Spirit! May your time continue to be richly blessed! Lucille Matousek, SSND

    ReplyDelete